Important iPad Information
As a result of the one-to-one iPads program, we believe that students will:
- Improve their academic achievement.
- Use the internet and computer media to communicate and work together.
- Use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, and solve problems.
- Understand and practice legal and ethical behavior related to technology.
As you can see, it is our hope that these iPads will dramatically change the way our students learn and our teachers present their lessons. The program will start with grade 4, 5, and 6 students. They will be required to bring their own iPad to each lesson. We are excited about taking the first steps regarding one-to-one program, but we would like to be sure that we are using this technology in the most effective and efficient way. That is why we are piloting this program with grades 4, 5, and 6 only. Depending upon how effective our classrooms will be, we may, over time, expand this program to take place for the remaining classes in 2020- 2021. The opportunities for enhanced learning are considerable but we are very much aware that there will also be cost implications for our parents. With this in mind, we will add the cost of the iPad (2394 AED included VAT) to this year’s tuition fees.
The school will provide each student with the following:
- iPad 9.7-inch Wi-Fi, 32GB, space grey with DEP
- Apple pencil for iPad pro 9.7-inch Wi-Fi, 32GB
- Rugged case Smart Keyboard (A/E) combatable with iPad pro 9.7-inch
- Extra fees will be charged for MDM, Educational applications, and educational configuration
We are very excited for this opportunity to provide our students with these tools for learning and we look forward to your valuable feedback as to the most effective way our students can use technology to learn. Please be sure to contact me if you have thoughts or suggestions about this program.
Technology and ICT Coordinator
Al Ittihad National Private School- Shakhbout
Hope you have enjoyed your summer vacation! We would like to share with you some important details regarding our students’ iPad program. As we are proud to announce that from September 2019, INPS-Shakhbout will be introducing iPads in one-to-one learning environments for all students in grades 4, 5, and 6. Students who will be involved in the program must take their iPad from the school to use during the school day and at home.